CHICAGO STYLE HOT DOGS
Hot Doug’s Gourmet Dogs
3324 N. California Avenue, Chicago
- The “Encased Meats Emporium”
FRESH AND FABULOUS SUSHI
Sai Café Sushi
2010 N. Sheffield Avenue, Chicago
- Hip neighborhood favorite
BEER, BRATS, BASEBALL
3665 Sheffield Avenue, Chicago
- In the shadow of Wrigley’s bleachers
STEAK HOUSE MEETS BISTRO
20 W. Kinzie, Chicago
- “It’s not hip, it’s perfection”
5316 N. Clark Street, Chicago
- rustic, authetic, down-to-earth
410 W. Huron Street, Chicago
- bustling bar scene and tons of good eats
1321 W. Grand Avenue, Chicago
- Chicago’s only coal pizza oven. Delish!
2373 S. Archer Avenue, Chicago
- a Southside tradition that’s even in the
48 E. Joliet Street, Schereville, IN
- more than a little out of the way,
but for great perch it’s worth it.
GENUINE CHICAGO-STYLE ITALIAN BEEF
666 N. Orleans Street, Chicago
- Not the most ‘hygienic’ spot in the world, but for us
Italian Beef lovers, this is heaven.
TRUE FISH BOIL
Pelletier’s Restaurant & Fish Boil
4199 Main St. Fish Creek, WI
- You owe it to yourself once or twice in life to
visit gorgeous Door County, WI and experience
the odd rituals of the fish boil.
2610 Cannon Drive, Chicago
-tucked in a hidden corner of Lincoln Park,
with stunning views of Chicago’s skyline
ICE CREAM, GIRAFFES AND GORILLAS
Brauer Café - Lincoln Park Zoo
2021 N. Stockton Drive, Chicago
- visit the informal hot dog stand across from the
seal pond, or the beautiful restaurant on the
rowing pond. Possibly the best free zoo in the world!
BREAKFAST TO DIE FOR
1235 W. Randolph Street, Chicago
-so good you won’t mind waiting in line!
BABY BACK RIBS
1665 N. Sedgwick, Chicago
- this is the famous Old Town saloon where
Sinatra hung out. Fall-off -the-bone-good ribs
and baked potatoes swimming in butter
and sour cream.
Every Wednesday and Saturday nights on
Navy Pier. (Be sure to ride the famous
Navy Pier Ferris Wheel while you’re there).
In front of the fire station on Waveland Ave
when the Cubs are playing. But only if
the wind is blowing out. And if you are
faster than the kids waiting too!
FREE PEOPLE WATCHING
Any of Chicago’s dozen Lake Michigan
beaches, but especially Oak Street Beach,
when the sun is out.
FREE ART GAZING
Millenium Park on the Lakefront, with
monumental structures by Frank Gehry,
the famous reflective “Bean” by Anish
Kapoor, and splashing fountains that’ll
make you smile. Ice skating in the winter.